We're chatting with Lara Hogan about her awesome new book, Resilient Management. Lots of great advice in this episode for people who are managers, becoming managers, or who are managed by someone - so almost everyone.
Watching the HTTP requests server-side also lets you track 404 errors to give valuable insight into where your visitors might be falling off your happy path. And although Netlify Analytics runs server-side, you needn’t worry about implementing or maintaining software or configuration yourself. We handle all of that for you on our infrastructure.
All you need to do is enable it.
To build a kick-ass frontend, we rely on each other: Designers on developers, and developers on designers. But it’s often difficult to work together; we need to learn each other's language, understand each other’s priorities and have to be willing to make compromises that serve both.
in 2011 we came up with a conference for everyone involved from concept to implementation of a frontend, and we gave it the tagline “Where design meets technology”.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 00:55 Chris didn't go to London
- 02:13 Guest introduction
- 03:27 Why did you write this book?
- 06:10 Working on biceps
- 16:43 Do I have to change what I do if I also manage?
- 21:27 Sponsor: Front Conference
- 22:44 What's beyond coaching and mentoring?
- 28:07 How to deal with a 10x engineer
- 36:17 Sponsor: Netlify
- 39:05 How does this work at scale?
- 43:12 What makes you grumpy?
- 48:45 Treat yo self
- 52:49 Advice for people who are being moved to management?
- 58:58 Should there be more certifications for management?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.