285: AI-Driven TODOs
We start off on the magazine rack at the airport, move into AI and Machine Learning, refactoring a pattern library, Dave's working on his TODO's, and Chris enjoys Notion. Plus your questions about attr(), static HTML inside WordPress, cross browser testing, email data, rems vs pixels, and polite CTA popups.
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- 22:20 Using attr() to access and use a data attribute value is limited to the context of "content". I can't use it to load different background images in a media query. Why can't we do this yet, when do you think we will be able to do this?
- 34:10 How can I use a static HTML page as my homepage with WordPress?
- 39:25 What's the cheapest and best way to do cross browser testing, mainly the IE's, when launching a new site?
- 43:20 I want to create an internal web app that will go through emails and pull the data out and place them into form fields and also perform logic based on what is in those fields. How would you approach the task of going through the emails?
- 50:30 What are your thoughts on relative vs. absolute units, and what are some good ways to make a convincing case for relative ones?
- 55:30 How do we not destroy the internet with CTA popups?