286: Content Strategy with Ellen de Vries and Robert Mills
We're talking with two content strategy experts, Ellen de Vries and Robert Mills, about the wide world of content strategy. Or is that even the right word? Ellen has just released a book (published by Gather Content, where Robert is also a content strategist) in which she doesn't even use those two words together.
Time Jump Links
- 6:00 Ellen talks about the book
- 8:07 What is content strategy?
- 12:28 Have you had to make a pitch for content strategy with a client?
- 15:30 Is there a playbook for content strategy?
- 18:50 Do only large companies have a need for content strategy?
- 19:35 How do you figure out who your audience is?
- 25:30 How could a podcast use content strategy?
- 34:00 How do you change your content strategy midstream?
- 46:10 Do you take into account error messages and other messaging within content strategy?
- 51:11 What is Gather Content?
- Collaborate - Collaborate is a book for anyone with an interest in collaboration techniques for digital teams.
- The Content Strategy Toolkit
- Content Design by Sarah Richards
- Creativity Inc
- CSS Tricks