This week we were joined by Dudley Storey. Dudley is a teacher, craftsman, designer & writer, and the author of Pro CSS3 Animation.
Time Jump Links
- 7:00 Webkit hates src-N
- End Of Year Responsive Images Report
- 13:14 CSSOff 2013
- 17:20 Learn jQuery from Scratch (CSS-Tricks Class)
- 21:15 Is it worth taking the time to learn Flash in 2013?
- 26:56 Is getting a degree from a university something that you feel is a necessity for our line of work or is there enough value in self teaching the skills used in web development?
- 33:54 Can you give a general overview of the things someone new to the field should study right away to build their core coding skills?
- 39:57 StackOverflow and books can only teach me so much. What are your recommendations for code mentoring both at work and when I freelance? I never know if I am doing things the "right" way.
- 48:32 As someone just starting out in web design, should I be using Flexbox right now?
- 52:23 I've been designing and developing for a couple years and just moved into WordPress. I stumbled upon the editor that allows you to edit the templates and CSS and I wonder if its a good idea to do edits here or continue to edit the files from the FTP?
- 56:12 I don't do any coding, I solely focus on web design. Can I use a robust, well-maintained Behance/Dribble profile instead of building a separate portfolio site? Will potential employers look down on me if I decide to go in that direction?