266: Rapidfire 89
We're back for another RAPIDFire talking some good CSS and JS drama, mailto links, using dev tools as an IDE, generic APIs, and the will-change property in CSS.
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- 3:45 Chris designs a page in Illustrator and has questions about the title.
- 7:20 Dave is weaning himself off pre-processing.
- 10:30 Using Calc
- 20:10 Our desire to be right and correct someone who's wrong on the internet.
- 24:20 I wanted to get your thoughts on the CSS 'will-change' property.
- 38:50 I was wondering if you and anybody know if Chrome dev tools works will for doing css in the inspector and saving to a file, preferably with Sass?
- 42:35 Do you guys ever use mailto: links? Is there a use case for mailto at all, or should I just avoid them?
- Uncle Dave’s Ol Padded Box
- Tab Atkins: Why I Abandoned @Apply
- Intrinsic Placeholders with Picture Element
- Ratio Buddy
- The Righteous Mind
- The Art of Being Wrong at CSS Dev Conf
- Public APIs
- Remy Sharp
- DevTools: State of the Union 2017 (Google I/O '17)
- A Unified Styling Language
- CSSconf EU 2017 Mark Dalgleish: A Unified Styling Language