We're talking with our podcast editor, Chris Enns, all about how we put together ShopTalk Show episodes as well as some tips and advice on podcasting in general: what kind of equipment to buy, making money from podcasts, editing tips, and how do Chris and Dave prep for a ShopTalk Show episode? (Do they prep?)
Time Jump Links
- 2:10 What does Chris Enns do?
- 4:40 Design of podcast sites has suffered and do people visit the website?
- 5:40 What do people do on a podcast website?
- 9:30 What's the zero cost gear to get started podcasting?
- 12:50 How ShopTalk records their conversations for the podcast.
- 16:20 Why would someone outsource the editing of their podcast?
- 17:50 What's the sub-$100 gear guide for podcasting?
- 23:00 What's the sub-$250 gear guide for podcasting?
- 26:15 What about the Blue Yeti?
- 30:00 Upgrading Chris Coyier's podcasting gear for under $1,000
- 39:55 How do I know if all this gear actually makes me sound good?
- 41:40 What we tell guests coming on ShopTalk Show.
- 47:20 How can I go about making money from podcasting?
- 52:01 Is it real money or gas money?
- 55:10 How ShopTalk hosts the MP3 and shares it with the world.
- 1:03:02 What is the editing process like for a podcast?
- 1:09:50 How do Chris and Dave prep for ShopTalk Show?