Time Jump Links
- 3:45 I need a responsive image solution for a redesign of a website running on the (.NET) Episerver CMS. What responsive image solution would you use under these constraints?
- 8:18 I've built a whole range of different sites now on WordPress and in each case I've felt that once I push the site live, the load time is sluggish. How do you approach this problem and what kinds of resources are out there to help?
- 13:50 Any tips for avoiding merge conflicts in the compiled .css file when working in teams? Should I even push compiled CSS to the repository, or should this be one person's responsibility?
- 17:13 What software do you guys recommend when testing websites through a screen reader or text-based browser?
- 23:11 I've seen a few tutorials online using Adobe Edge Animate to create CSS animations. Is it something that needs to be learned or looked into if I already have working knowledge of CSS3 animations and transforms?
- 28:15 I am trying to dig into Sass/SCSS, preprocessors and have learned a lot already about using command line with Grunt.js and Compass, but I'm wondering if CodeKit would just be a simpler and easier thing to learn first?
- 32:10 What are some best practices when using
- 38:06 Where would you recommend a young web designer start off? Let's say they know html and css and are looking to learn more or kick of their career, what would you recommend?
- 41:10 I know there is a performance hit for every new font that gets loaded, but once I have loaded a font, is there a performance hit based on how much text on the page is being rendered? My boss likes to use the web font for the H tags and then use fallback web safe fonts for body copy, is this necessary?
- 45:05 I used to use my main email address for all my accounts, and shortly after an attack on a certain famous tech company, I received huge waves of spam that I have been struggling to get rid of. How do you guys handle your email accounts?
- 49:08 I've got a bone to pick with links and a seemingly odd trend of not adding
target="_blank". My question to you is, "What's up with that?"
- 54:00 If you export an adobe illustrator AI file to SVG, you can choose to save the layers as meta data in the SVG file. What's even more interesting is you can then target those layers with css and jquery. Essentially you can traverse the Illustrator layer stack in an SVG file and add things like hover events which change the layer color via css. Here's a tutorial on the subject which goes into greater detail.
In This Show
Environments for Humans brings together some of the Web's most notable experts in and for an all-new, two-day online conference, the Accessibility Summit 2014! Bring the experts to your desktop September 9-10, 2014 from 9AM to 4PM (CT).
With flexible content delivery and adaptable applications, the truly Accessible Web is available to everyone all the time, regardless of ability. Spend some time with the Accessibility experts and find the inspiration and practical knowledge you need to make your Web presence truly universal.
Don't miss this great event and purchase your tickets now!
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.