554: Jamstack Thoughts with Brian Rinaldi
Brian Rinaldi joins us to talk about the state of Jamstack in 2023, acronym confusion, SPA confusion, developing common tools of understanding, why Netlify bought Gatsby, and the state of developer conferences.
Brian RinaldiWeb · Social
Brian Rinaldi is a Developer Experience Engineer at LaunchDarkly with over 20 years experience as a developer for the web. Brian is actively involved in the community running developer meetups via CFE.dev and Orlando Devs. He’s the editor of the Jamstacked newsletter and co-author of The Jamstack Book from Manning.
Time Jump Links
- 01:25 What's Jamstack in 2023?
- 04:38 Where's the JAM?
- 09:18 Acronym confusion
- 11:47 SPA confusion
- 15:54 There are common tools of understanding
- 21:09 Sponsor: Frontend Masters
- 22:29 The Hawksworth effect
- 28:35 Are we making it hard for beginners?
- 34:22 Jamstack as a community term
- 37:16 Why'd Netlify buy Gatsby?
- 52:14 The state of developer conferences
- What is Jamstack in 2023?
- Web Almanac
- The Jamstack Book
- Phil Hawksworth PR to change Jamstack spelling
- Discussion: jamstack word treatment
- AWS Amplify
- What Netlify's Acquisition of Gatsby Really Means
- The State of Developer Conferences
- ShopTalk Show on Mastodon
Episode Sponsors 🧡
Frontend Masters (21:09)
The Learning Paths on Frontend Masters will take you from start to finish on actually learning something of your choice, whether it's upping a your skill level in a particular genre or a specific technology