094: With Emily Dunkle
This week we were joined by Emily Dunkle. Emily is a UI & UX Designer from Massachusetts. She believes in semantic markup, design of all kinds, and a good old-fashioned legal pad.
Time Jump Links
- 16:37 My company's IT department has taken over our website. What can I do about it?
- 25:03 Just wondered what approach you guys take to testing your sites. Not just design, but also functionality and calculations etc. Do you write tests or use any nice tools?
- 32:55 Will Macaw (and similar tools) replace web designers?
- 42:40 I have been a web developer for 4 years and I recently built a site for a client that is by far the worst I have built in my career. Should I intentionally ignore best practices just because the client doesn't understand and wants the web to work like it did in 2001?
- 51:00 I would like to get your opinion and thoughts on how to better interact with other developers who either don't care or don't have an understanding for why and how you have laid out your markup the way you have.
- 57:05 What is the best responsive solution for image/video galleries? I need my work to be easily accessible on mobile. My problem is that most websites use lightboxes and this seems outdated now. What are your opinions?