This week it's another Rapid Fire!!! Nothing but the best darn question and answer action you've ever heard!
Time Jump Links
- 2:01 I follow tons of awesome web developers on Twitter and I learn about all the cool new things. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. How do I actually get better at making websites?
- 8:22 I got an email that contained a countdown timer gif. Do you know how this was accomplished?
- 15:54 I am working with a site that generates it's own short urls and I was wondering about adding to my pages. First of all, what good does it do? Secondly, I also saw . What is the difference, if any, and which should I be using?
- 25:44 What is your preference for fixing design breakpoints in responsive designs?
- 44:44 How do you handle touch screens and responsive design?
- 52:42 Many mobile first grids/ frameworks I see use predefined breakpoints. Doesn't this go against the common rule of designing for the content and not the device? Should I have commonly defined breakpoints then tweak each page accordingly?