What are your thoughts on atomic CSS? Is responsive web design making traditional web design less important? How should you animate between pages of websites? Does podcasting while wearing suits make for a better episode? It's a RapidFire episode celebrating our 234th episode.
Time Jump Links
- 5:15 I've just start as a freelancer and I'm asking myself what I do for the billing when I'm using a web font from a service like TypeKit?
- 8:15 Could the device-width media feature be used to achieve common break points between iframes and their parent pages? How can you get these in sync? Sample CodePen
- 14:23 I've been trying to improve the build automation where I work. Your ideas/thoughts on how this could be achieved and on the speed differences in FE task runners would be great.
- 22:10 How do you manage the web development process? I often feel like I'm at a constant battle between a "good" product and satisfying my boss?
- 28:00 I feel a little reluctant to include open source marital in something I would present to a possible employer, is this hesitation justified?
- 33:32 Are single-use classes a good way to go for a large, shared codebase? I work for a large company with multiple front-end devs on each project, and the more I look at our growing stylesheet, the more I feel this is a way to go.
- 42:37 I am wondering if traditional design is becoming less important. I started feeling this way few years ago. With RWD, designers don't create new design but we just pick a design pattern. Sometimes I wonder if my clients will have just as much success if they just used something like Squarespace.
- 51:50 A lot of clients are asking for sites with lots of animations and site transitions. Have you heard of anything like that?