In this second edition of RAPIDFIRE we again chug through as many questions as we can. No guests, no links, no hot drama. We want to answer as many listener questions as we can, so this is how we plan to catch up once in a while. We talk about (roughly in order):
Time Jump Links
- What's wrong with UA sniffing to serve a mobile stylesheet?
- What are the 5 CSS tricks we can't live without?
- What's up with HTML5 video streaming?
- How can you modernize your front end development skills?
- What are the books/blogs/designers that we follow?
- Are margin and padding interchangeable?
- HTML preprocessors with parsing smarts.
- Will we talk about IE7 for less time than we talked about IE6?
- Why use the Google CDN version of jQuery rather than the latest version from jQuery.com?
- WordPress or Tumblr?
- Where can you get more engaging code reviews?
- What to focus on as a front-end dev?