This week we were joined by Trent Walton and Reagan Ray, who together with our very own Dave complete the Paravel triforce down in Austin, Texas. We talked about (roughly in order):
Time Jump Links
- Best practices in forms. We should definitely talk about this in more detail in an upcoming episode, but this week we took the opportunity to say just use Wufoo.
- Rémy Bach's medium-sized jQuery SuperLabels
- TypeButter and inventing new elements.
- Adobe WebKit Hackathon includes a start to ::nth-letter which is a start to answering ::nth-everything and possibly, many many years from now, removing the need for Lettering.js.
- Has Paravel ever done any products, in addition to client work? Goodfoot is one example, but closing of Gowalla doesn't bode well for it. Also side projects like The Many Faces Of...
- What CMS does Trent use and how does he do custom art direction (art direction plugin, Dave's better fork of that)
- Dealing with client requests that are beyond the skills of the team
- Using HTML5 and CSS3 in real client work
- The domain stealing saga, and the tragedy that is SohTanaka.com
- Is it best to specialize? What about as a team member vs trying to get hired?
- Growing in revenue and project quality without growing team size
- How to bundle HTML email in with client services
- Topics for a graduate thesis related to the web industry