We're joined by Jon Bellah and David Khourshid to talk about what a state machine is and what's not a state machine. We talk about state machines in React, login forms, going into the wrong state, fallbacks, game development, and working state machines into existing projects.
Jetpack adds loads of features your self-hosted WordPress site, with the overall theme of bringing the power of WordPress.com servers to your servers. Flip on an image CDN. Flip on site backups. Flip on Markdown. Flip on security scanning. Flip on more powerful search. And so much more.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 3:20 What's a state machine?
- 6:20 What is not a state machine?
- 12:20 Do I automatically get a state machine in React?
- 15:40 How would a login form work with state machines?
- 21:40 Does it protect you from going to the wrong state?
- 29:20 Trying to get our code above the fold.
- 33:19 Sponsored by Jetpack
- 34:49 How does a fallback work in a state machine?
- 48:20 Game development and state machines.
- 39:40 Can I bring state machines into existing projects?
- 51:35 What is LearnStateMachines.com?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.