Jennifer Robbins stops by ShopTalk Show to talk about her recently updated book, Learning Web Design - what's been updated, who the book is for, and what's changed since she first published the book.
Time Jump Links
- 1:00 Guest introduction
- 2:22 Designing the first commercial website
- 6:00 What were the early arguments over what goes on a website?
- 10:53 Embarrassing recommendations from early web dev days
- 14:42 Even things that have been the same forever, eventually change
- 16:42 Who is Learning Web Design for?
- 19:50 Quizzing Dave on his web design knowledge.
- 23:32 Sponsored by Digital Ocean
- 24:37 Teaser of a thing that may or may not happen
- 31:20 Doing editions vs different books
- 36:20 What's new in this edition?
- 41:20 What was surprising about updating the book?
- 45:50 What isn't in the new edition that was in the old editions.
- 52:40 Using floats for positioning.
- 56:30 Using Indesign for page layout
- 59:20 Using color to help leverage design instruction