This week, we take a listen to an episode of the Shoptalk show that was recorded WAAAYYYYY back in 2004, when - apparently - both Chris and Dave had midwestern accents and voices that cracked regularly! They speak to some up-and-comers in the web design community, and debate the hot question: CSS, or tables?
Time Jump Links
- 5:26 Live Journal no longer requires an invite code: is there going to be a Shoptalk Community?
- 7:07 How do I add text to my Zen Garden theme with CSS?
- 12:06 I'd like to use CSS Zen Garden, but I'm Christian. What should I do?
- 15:31 I've been using frames and tables for my layouts, but I've heard about divs and CSS. Should I take the time to learn this stuff?
- 17:25 Is it possible to use CSS with IE 5 and 6?
- 20:10 I heard the folks at Mozilla are about to release a new web browser. Will it handle CSS properties better than Internet Exploder?
- 22:59 I have two frames in a frame set. How do I let my users toggle the left frame on and off by clicking a button on the right frame?
- 26:27 Where can I find “Under Construction” GIFs for my new site? And how long do I have before GeoCities takes my page down?
- 30:41 I'm working with an Ad Agency doing print work, but I'm interested in building websites. Is the future of websites bigger than print design?
- 34:28 I've been hearing about liquid layouts to let websites adjust to different screen sizes, but since most screens are 1024px or 800px, are liquid layouts worth the extra work?
- 38:23 What can I do to make my Myspace page look cooler?
- 40:50 I'm building my first website, and I want to make a blog. Should I use Wordpress or Grey Matter?
- 43:15 How do I change the background image in my nav bar when the user hovers over it?
- 46:46 Do you know of a good rollover plugin for Dreamweaver 6?
- 48:47 Why should I start using CSS and Divs instead of table based layouts?
- 52:38 I've been using Adobe Director, but my teachers at school keep telling me that Authorware is going to be the next big thing. Any tips?
- 56:00 My uncle keeps having the weird dreams about the future where kids are taking pictures of their meals and sharing them on the internet. Is he crazy?