RAPIDFIRE!! Pew Pew! SXSW hot tips, how best to handle website prototype build handoffs, the search for a better boilerplate, what the heck is the section tag for, and online IDE vs local development. PLUS Chris' Dr. Claw impression.
Time Jump Links
- 3:20 What should a web developer do when handed off prototype builds of HTML/CSS/JS?
- 8:00 Do you guys know of a better way to handle the distribution of our JS for this website?
- 11:50 I’m a novice web designer. I have a site where I’ve made many changes/additions. I want to start fresh because I don’t know what ID’s, Class, script etc is used and what is not. What is the best way to start fresh!
- 19:58 This is a question for everyone - just wanted to see if you guys have any general tips/recommendations for a SXSW first-timer?
- 25:20 I’ve been looking for an html5 / css3 / grid-like boilerplate that uses ems instead of pixels. Do any exist? Can you recommend one?
- 31:00 Online IDEs vs. Local Development?
- 38:30 This has to do with the HTML5 section tag. The W3C says that it is a generic element tag, but not a generic wrapper. Will the W3C kill a puppy every time I add a background color to a section?
- 44:30 I would like to know if you can style the HTML5 input “Range” slider to have one color for the portion that indicates the current value (the used portion of the slider) and another color for the portion indicating you will increase the value.