Rebecca Murphey from Stripe talks with us about finding problems - the paper cuts - in your code or team and developing the best solution for them.
Time Jump Links
- 01:19 Guest introduction
- 02:59 How do you convince bosses to improve things?
- 07:00 What does a win look like?
- 10:44 What did you do with the paper cuts?
- 15:23 What was the flow to TypeScript like?
- 17:46 Writing software for developers
- 25:57 Sponsor: Split Software
- 29:11 Friction logging
- 35:28 Writing as a valuable engineering asset
- 40:38 How do you evaluate tech?
- 51:03 Stripe updates
Episode Sponsors 🧡
The Feature Management & Experimentation Platform that reimagines software delivery. By attaching insightful data to feature flags, Split frees you to quickly deploy, measure, and learn the impact of every feature you release. So you can safely deliver features up to 50 times faster and exhale. What a Release.
Start raising feature flags (and lowering stress). Visit split.io/shoptalk for a free trial.