Should you care about functional programming? What if cloud functions weren't node or deno, but built into the browser? Why do we accept npm dependency hell? Follow up on design matching the web question. And Dave blogged about the patchability of the open web.
Time Jump Links
- 01:11 Dave read a book
- 04:46 How far down the functional programming rabbit hole should we go with JS/TS?
- 15:20 What if cloud functions weren’t node/deno/bun/go/etc. but a web browser?
- 20:23 Why do we all accept npm dependency hell as the price of doing business?
- 31:49 Sponsor: Split Software
- 32:35 Advice to help match designs follow up
- 36:55 The Patchability of the Open Web
Episode Sponsors 🧡
Split Sofware is the feature delivery platform you need to help exceed these modern expectations in continuous and progressive delivery. Because if you’re not delivering, you’re falling behind. You, and a team of 10, can create your first feature flags at split.io/shoptalk
You’re being asked to crack the code without breaking the code. To take risks without taking risks. To quickly release features valuable to customers, profitable to companies, and backed by the data to prove it.
It’s time to deliver. Fearlessly and flawlessly. You, and a team of 10, can create your first feature flags at split.io/codepen.