This episode we talk with Saron Yitbarek, a developer currently working at Microsft who started CodeNewbie. We discuss podcasting techniques, work/life balance, experience vs training, and RSI treatment.
Time Jump Links
- 23:12 How are you keeping your life balanced? What tools do you use to manage everything?
- 39:54 How can I get past the initial inexperience stigma? I am extremely talented straight out of college, yet it’s hard to get jobs because I have no experience.
- 52:13 Are there any legal ramifications for publishing a copy of another sites information online? Should I have an alert on the surge site that lets users know that this is a copy of somename.com?
- 54:38 I just wondered if you guys could offer any advice to people suffering from RSI or if you have had any personal experience with this (or any other type of) work based injury.
- 1:03:00 Is it worth relocating to pursue a career working with a specific technology now or would it be better to wait it out until more opportunities arise?