137: Rapidfire 38
This week it's another RAPIDFIRE!!! Nothing but ray guns and hot question and answer madness!
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- 3:26 For responsive menus, do you use a similar plugin on each site, or do you build custom menus for each site? Are there any responsive menu plugins that you would recommend?
- 11:12 When editing pre-built wordpress templates for a company I work for I often find myself using display:none to get rid of content that the client doesn't want on the page. It definitely feels like a dirty fix, what are your thoughts on this?
- 17:58 I'm trying to develop a horizontally-scrolling page layout for a website I'm working on. How would you guys tackle this sort of challenge these days?
- 25:11 I'm curious if you've ever been part of a team where you or someone else on the team introduced a technology or process change or maybe like a paradigm shift in how things needed to be done. What were the toughest challenges?
- 35:25 Stacy K. wins tickets to SASS Summit!
- 38:47 I need to create an array of arrays of images for my banners. How do I put that together?
- 45:38 What do you suggest a beginner do in order to continue not only learning but implementing new ideas?
- 56:29 We're considering moving a Wordpress site with a few hundred posts, and growing, over to a static site generator like Jekyll. I'm wondering, how scalable is it? Is there a limit? Do things slow down?