240: Rapidfire 76
It's RapidFIRE time. Your Q's with our A's like: Which CMS would you choose to handoff a new site to a client? What happens with fragile super-mega menus? What makes a web host fast or slow? What is Atomic CSS really? How should a massive form be built?
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- 3:45 Are there competitively priced hosting option out there that works well for both traditional sites, which utilize PHP and MySQL, as well for Node-based web apps?
- 14:12 Is it acceptable to reduce the technically accessible functionality of a complex mega dropdown wiz bang navigation?
- 18:25 Coyier's Law: If It Seems Fragile, It Is Fragile
- 23:20 What are your thoughts on the functional/atomic css trend. I'm a huge fan of it but I know some people have their doubts.
- 37:37 Is there any good solution for low key sites that still need to be managed by the client, without having all the extra bloat of a full blown CMS?
- 51:35 I'm in charge of building an online mortgage application (a 1003 app) on the web to be responsive. It's a gigantic form with plenty of error checking and form field validations. Any advice on handling such a mammoth task would be appreciated!