First up some recaps: Dave recaps some Yarn hot drama, and Chris recaps CSS DevConf 2016. Then we get into your questions about authentication keys, building a blog for a comic, using CSS Grid, and slow WordPress database issues!
Email is a part of your product experience, but it's also a marketing channel... and a human communication medium. If you're still managing each of these functions with separate solutions, try Sendwithus.
Sendwithus is a platform for managing every aspect of your email in one place. There's a powerful dashboard to design templates and run campaigns but also a simple API to build automated sending of rich, dynamic emails into your app.
Sign up now and get 3 free months of Device Testing so you can rest easy at night knowing Outlook won't break your beautiful templates.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 2:50 Hot Drama returns: Yarn vs NPM
- 22:10 In 2016 is it ok to use CSS Grid on a production site?
- 35:56 I would like to ask you guys is how to get started with a good WordPress setup with build processes, cloud services and testing?
- 43:25 What advice do you have for staying on top of industry buzz when your schedule is so tight as it is?
- 57:40 Do you have any advice for improving slow Wordpress databases? The front-end of the site is fairly well tuned and loads speedy due to caching plugins, CDN, etc. But was wondering if there's anything left on the table as far as database optimization that can be done to speed up the WP-Admin interface.
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.