This week it's another RAPID-FIRE!!! Nothing but hot question and action action!
Time Jump Links
- 3:29 My question is about LiveReload. I want to use this but am having trouble getting sass, wordpress, and LiveReload to play nicely. When setting up live reload do you use the JS snippet or the chrome extension? Do you let LiveReload compile your sass, or use your tool of choice?
- 13:10 Is there a way to link lyrics to a song so that the word that is being sung is highlighted?
- 20:18 How does one bounce back from a bad job interview?
- 24:44 There is a growing trend now to switch from Photoshop to Sketch. I have been working in a Windows environment all this time and I have no idea what to do if I got a Sketch document! Should I ask the designers to extract the assets to me and use a JPG as a reference? Should I turn down jobs I am getting that aren't in Photoshop till Sketch releases a version that can run in Windows?
- 33:21 What are your thoughts on the single responsibility principle pertaining to classes in html/css? If you use this principle, do you extend many classes in sass?
- 42:42 I have seen examples (Chris even did one on css-tricks.com) where you can have audio playing even after changing pages. Is it possible to do this with video in the sidebar?
- 55:05 I'm looking at switching my line-height set up from rem width px fallback to unitless. This is for a responsive project, where the support benchmarks have been set pretty far back. What the benefits are compered to staying with rems, and is there a performance/rendering benefit, or does unitless help with responsive?