This week we were joined by Nick Pettit, educator at Treehouse, an online learning platform.
Time Jump Links
- 17:25 Correction regarding Drupal and 1000 script/style files.
- 20:10 Github releases Atom, a hackable text editor
- 23:29 I'm curious about making the shift from HTML, CSS, jQuery, Wordpress development to Full Stack JS. It seems the front end world is making a huge shift in that direction, and I thought it would be a good career move for me to do one of these 8 week bootcamps to get me started. What do you guys think?
- 39:15 I've been learning Ruby for the past 2 months and have now started learning Rails v4. My problem: I'm using Treehouse and they use Rails 3. What kind of issues should expect?
- 46:08 This summer I'll start trying to find some paid projects to do and I was wondering: what is best way to get the client set up with hosting and domain?
- 50:47 I would love for you guys to talk a little bit about Content Editable. I work on the project Barley and have learned a lot about CE over the past year and it has been a painful process. There is not many resources out there so it has been mostly trial and error.