This week it's another RAPIDFIRE!!! Nothing but HOT question & answer action.
Time Jump Links
- 1:53 How do I integrate GitHub into a real web publishing workflow?
- 6:40 I find typography on the web always looks somehow chunky. That's why I use the webkit prefixed font-smoothing: antialiased on every project I work on to make it look nice and crisp at least for some users. Is there a major problem with this feature that I've missed or any other good reason why developers don't or shouldn't use it?
- 12:15 I've been messing around with the new Flexslider 2 Beta, and I wanted to pull photos from Flickr and use it as a responsive photo gallery. However, the layout breaks and has excessive white space when Flexslider tries to account for portrait oriented images. Is there a way to use intrinsic ratios like with FitVids to get rid of the excess white space?
- 18:30 It seems like with responsive design it's becoming acceptable to use "foreground images" (images IN the markup) as banner images so that they can be scaled down as the viewport narrows. Is this acceptable now?
- 22:15 If you use media queries to adjust the body font-size percentage, is there any rule to figuring out the adjustments to the percentage as you go along?
- 26:24 What do you guys use for Style Guide Generation?
- 29:00 Do you guys wear pants while recording Shoptalk shows?
- 29:49 Any thoughts on Condoleezza Rice joining Dropbox?
- 33:00 Why SCSS over LESS?
- 36:42 What do you guys think about the difference between a self taught web designer and a designer with a degree?
- 39:23 What are your thoughts about working for clients vs working on products?
- 44:07 Do you have any tips about using Codekit and MAMP for local WordPress development?