340: Starting Over and Combating Design Q&A
We're answering your questions about how to fill in giant gaps in work history, whether designers should know the basics of HTML and CSS, and combating the need for high-res mock ups for Q&A.
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- 00:42 Front-end vs back-end vs full stack
- 24:55 Sponsor: WooCommerce
- 26:54 Q: What kind of advice do you have for someone like me with a giant gap in their work history?
- 32:30 Q: What do you think and what are standards in your circles - should designers know basics of HTML and CSS?
- 42:48 Q: How do I combat the "We need high-res mocks for QA to look at, so they know how it's supposed to look"?
- 54:25 Signing off...
- 55:24 Shake yo hips jobs announcement