What are the top 5 browser API's that you're not using? We've got Patrick Kettner on from Microsoft's Edge team to help us understand more about the what's changed in all the browsers - but particularly Edge.
Time Jump Links
- 4:40 Integrating service workers into the browser.
- 8:20 What is Houdini and what's your role with it?
- 15:20 What are the APIs that look like layout?
- 16:10 Is that the same as what Mozilla did with Servo / Stylo?
- 17:10 Did Edge redo their rendering tree?
- 18:40 Are all browsers getting into the deep code?
- 23:20 What the heck is WebAuth?
- 27:25 How does my website know the face works?
- 31:20 How does Web Payments API work?
- 38:00 What is the integration path for Web Payments API?
- 49:15 What is your role besides API ambassador?
- 52:35 Using service worker tips.
- 54:15 Push notifications and Safari?
- 55:44 Progress web app PWA checklist.
- 1:00:00 Building for the web is still a great plan.