Ben Clinkinbeard and Elijah Meeks stop by ShopTalk Show to talk about data visualization, D3, and how to get started leveling up your data viz game.
Time Jump Links
- 0:32 Guest introductions
- 6:00 What is D3 and why is it so popular?
- 10:30 Is it low enough level that you need a lot of tutorials or training?
- 14:15 Is there danger in analyzing data wrong?
- 16:05 Swear jar as a data visualization challenge
- 19:20 Sponsored by FullStory
- 21:30 How do you match data to charts?
- 25:30 The business case for data visualization
- 30:40 Is data journalism that's a growing field?
- 33:16 Sponsored by Porkbun
- 34:30 What about the D3 API?
- 41:00 Why isn't D3 as hard as we think it is?
- 46:00 Do you have to tell D3 you need a rect?
- 51:00 Almost all apps are incorporating data visualization.
- 55:10 Is there any reason to avoid it?
- 59:00 There's room for cross pollination among disciplines
- 1:04:02 Is there data to play with to practice with D3?