308: Age Limits and Bad Copy
We're back for another RAPIDFire episode answering your questions on age limits in web design, correcting clients with bad copy, SCSS mixins, Yarn vs NPM, web vs native, and deep learning of core topics.
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- 1:25 Is there an age limit for this profession?
- 11:10 How do you correct copy for clients who don't want to pay for it?
- 18:35 I recently made an SCSS-mixin called RFS which automatically calculates the font-size based on the browser's screen width - what is your opinion about this?
- 26:30 What's up with mix/max in CSS?
- 29:00 Sponsored by Netlify
- 30:45 When and why would you use Yarn over NPM? Is it ok to use both?
- 39:40 Sponsored by Digital Ocean
- 40:30 If you were to start your career over today, would you bet on web-based technologies or native-based technologies like Android and iOS?
- 49:05 Do you guys think it's important to get a solid/deep understanding of core HTML/CSS/Vanilla JS before branching out into more advanced topics like CSS Grid, JS frameworks, etc.?