In this episode we're updating you on humidity, our existential question, and Gutenberg. And then we dive into your questions on ugly tech docs, how soon to apply for a job, web colors not matching print, secret API keys, package overload, and React + WordPress.
Time Jump Links
- 1:40 Humidity corner update
- 4:50 Existential question follow up
- 9:00 Gutenberg follow up
- 18:00 Tech docs - why are they so ugly?
- 31:50 Sponsored by Porkbun
- 33:00 Been learning heavily from lots of online learning resources for 5 months. Things are starting to click. Do you think it is too early to start applying for jobs?
- 37:00 Sometimes clients and/or coworkers question the website colours when they "don't look quite right" compared to printed material.
- 42:40 How do you keep your API keys secret?
- 50:00 Sponsored by Digital Ocean
- 51:00 Why am I constantly installing packages over and over for projects that I'm working on?
- 56:50 I'm really getting into this React thing. But I have a background of building sites with Mustache and WordPress. I think I might be operating in the paradigm that you can still build the page in static HTML then for that one tiny little news ticker, you could use React. Is that correct?