To kick off a new mini-series called "How to Think like a Front-End Developer", we're joined by Eric Meyer to get his thoughts on front-end web development in 2018 including throwing a set of website design mockups at him and seeing how he'd break them apart into HTML.
Time Jump Links
- 1:30 Introduction of the next few episodes
- 2:35 What's going on with Eric Meyer?
- 5:00 Did you consider yourself a front-end developer back then?
- 6:40 Yahoo started as a set of hand edited HTML pages.
- 9:00 Are you still a front end developer in 2018?
- 13:00 Sponsored by Native Scripts
- 14:25 Is performance a specialization or just part of being a front end developer?
- 17:40 What's your ideal process for a new project?
- 28:55 What's the most challenging about front end development?
- 31:33 Flexbox was weird for so long.
- 35:58 What are of speciality do you have within front end development?
- 40:01 Mix blend mode baby!
- 42:02 Sponsored by Netlify
- 44:02 What wars do you like to wage and what do you stay away from?
- 51:10 Would would you look for in hiring for front end development?
- 56:20 Dribbble design question.