059: With Lara Hogan
This week we were joined by Lara Hogan, formerly UX manager at Dyn and now a manager of mobile web at Etsy. Lara has long been a champion of web performance, UX, and being a good front end developer. We talk about (roughly in order):
Time Jump Links
- 8:45 LayerVault vs. DesignModo
- 14:13 “Pinkifying the recruiting process”
- 19:50 FRED
- 20:40 Client-Hints
- 27:35 What up with gzipping?
- 31:37 If you use styles for literally only one page, shouldn’t that be a
- 34:50 If you could attend only one conference, what would it be?
- 37:40 How much third part “stuff” is too much?
- 58:43 What kind of skills do you need to get a job at an agency?
- 49:31 What kind of device should you get for testing retina?