Bring the experts to your desktop for an all-new, two-day only online conference, the Sass Summit 2015! This Nov. 18 and 19th, deep dive into Sass sessions about web typography, attribute driven styles, games, listing, and much much more. Visit SassSummit.com to register now!
Challenge yourself to learn something new with a free 10-day trial to lynda.com!
Check out some super great courses like:
- Illustrator CC for Web Design: Wireframing
- Android Studio Essential Training
- Up and Running with Java
- Bootstrap Layouts: Responsive Single-Page Design
- Localization for Developers
- Up and Running with Android Wear
- Growth Hacking Fundamentals
Whether you want to set new financial goals, find work/life balance, invest in a new hobby, ask your boss for a raise, find a new job or improve upon your current job skills in 2015, lynda.com has something for everyone! Get a free 10 day trial now!
Interested in sponsoring?
- 3:40 I’ve never considered running Sass on the remote server - but is this the optimal way to go about it? Do people really process their Sass files on the remote server? What are the pros and cons of this workflow?
- 12:20 I was interested in hearing more about Dave’s rsync workflow to deploy his site.
- 17:20 What is the best way of styling tooltips? Google doesn’t come up with much. Have things moved on at all since the last CSS Tricks article about it in 2011? It seems very complicated for a much needed and simple effect.
- 28:55 I work at a public library where we help put on an annual event that runs for a few months. Each year the event has a different theme. The site gets a few thousand visits during the course the event, so I’m weighing how much time/effort I should really put into this.
- 34:38 I have some JS running on a page every 300ms to do...stuff. I’m worried that it’s going to result in some kind of poor performance, but I’m not sure what to look for. Buffer Chrome Timeline
- 38:13 I’ve had a problem keeping the navigation in place when dealing with items with slightly different heights, I think this make for a better UX do you have any advice on keeping the pagination in place?
- 41:00 We use Wordpress for all client sites and have pretty efficient gulp setup with sass compiling and concatenation. But as soon as you start to use a few wordpress plugins that all come with their own scripts and stylesheets the whole “Limited http requests” is out the window. Is there a way to get our theme to intercept the plugin scripts and stylesheets and combine them with my own and that way limit the amount of http requests?
- 43:19 We have a ton of legacy CSS. Is it worth the time to reverse engineer any of this to Sass? Are the CSS to Sass tools good at this? What is your experience modernizing legacy CSS?
- 50:48 How much of SEO do you take on, how much do you contract out?
- 58:50 How can I build a portfolio of websites that show that I’m a capable front-end dev when most job listings seem to have an endless list of requirements that I feel I’d never be able to encapsulate alone as one person?