This week we are joined by Estelle Weyl. Estelle is a contract front end design engineer who has worked with a long list of big name companies. She has written a number of tech books, working on several more, and speaks at dozens of conferences a year. We talk about (roughly in order):
Interested in sponsoring?
- FontPrep - Like the Font Squirrel @font-face generator on a Mac app you run locally.
- Twitter API 1.1 Changes - #hotdrama
- Picture element (Florian's Compromise) now in dev specs.
- The type attribute and links - could browsers affect request headers and thus the content served from the same URL?
- Do websites using the .mobi TLD render differently on iOS? (We say on the show probably not, but...)
- What is Flexbox actually doing to do for us, on a practical level?
- How can we get client approval when they are constantly throwing up road blocks and steamrolling good designs?
- What does "Front End Web Developer" actually mean? Do they need to know back end stuff as well?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.