This week we are joined by Estelle Weyl. Estelle is a contract front end design engineer who has worked with a long list of big name companies. She has written a number of tech books, working on several more, and speaks at dozens of conferences a year. We talk about (roughly in order):
Time Jump Links
- FontPrep - Like the Font Squirrel @font-face generator on a Mac app you run locally.
- Twitter API 1.1 Changes - #hotdrama
- Picture element (Florian's Compromise) now in dev specs.
- The type attribute and links - could browsers affect request headers and thus the content served from the same URL?
- Do websites using the .mobi TLD render differently on iOS? (We say on the show probably not, but...)
- What is Flexbox actually doing to do for us, on a practical level?
- How can we get client approval when they are constantly throwing up road blocks and steamrolling good designs?
- What does "Front End Web Developer" actually mean? Do they need to know back end stuff as well?