031: With Matt Mullenweg
Matt is the co-founder of WordPress (.org, .com) and and essentially the head dude there and at Akismet, VaultPress, Gravatar, bbPress... you know, a few things (see: Automattic). We talk about (roughly in order):
Time Jump Links
- Will you get more traffic just being on WordPress vs being on Blogger?
- What do you need to consider before you start storing sensitive information on the web like Social Security Numbers? (For starters, PCI compliance)
- Can you recommend a blank starter theme for WordPress? (_s)
- A young developer asks: what should I learn next? (ya'll know the chorus)
- Wouldn't it be easier just to build a responsive admin rather than a separate native app for WordPress?
- What kind of apps would Matt like to see be built on WordPress?
- How do you deal with WordPress security? (book)
- re: Culture of Distraction - How does Matt stay focused?