312: CSS in JS Edition
Chris & Dave compare music store conferences to tech conferences, podcasts as coworkers, and follow up the min/max discussion from #308 before diving in to your questions on CSS in JS, merging Angular and React projects, picking a Windows laptop for testing, and how to break the 12 column grid mindset.
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- 1:15 Music store conferences
- 6:20 Podcasts as coworkers
- 9:20 min and max and calc followup from episode 308
- 16:40 Is there any benefit of using css-in-js over Atomic CSS?
- 33:10 Sponsored by Fullstory
- 34:33 My company has two teams that work in different offices. One chose to adopt Angular 2 and the other chose React. Now it's time to put the two front-ends together and they've come up with the idea to stitch them together with iFrames. Is this the apocalypse or will everything be ok?
- 40:38 Do you have a relatively inexpensive Windows laptop (or desktop I guess) that you would recommend someone use for testing websites?
- 45:30 Sponsored by LogRocket
- 47:00 How do you break the 12 column grid mindset? Do you have any insights of either working with internal or external teams around this mental shift... or even when doing workshops?