Jobs hunting and the frustration with job titles. Why isn't it ok to only know HTML and CSS in 2017? Why do bootcamps seem to focus on javscript so much? We're joined by Lara and Mandy for this episode to try and figure all of this out.
.design domain names allow you to create a website URL and email address that tell the world who you are and what you do. If you've searched for a domain before, you already know that the .com is taken and other options don't feel right. Now, with .design, there is no reason for the professional or aspiring designer to settle. The new .design domain is already being used by leading design departments, such as facebook.design or airbnb.design. Head to www.we.design now and use code SHOPTALK for a year free, bundled with free email hosting, whois privacy, and SSL certs.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 2:30 Introduction of Mandy.
- 7:01 Introduction of Lara.
- 10:00 Is it ok to only know HTML?
- 18:00 What isn't it ok to only know HTML and CSS?
- 26:00 Responsive design is hard and should be included as a job description.
- 29:00 Is short term thinking hurting us in the long run?
- 37:00 Why is there pressure to know the newest, latest, hottest?
- 46:10 How does someone find a good job that suits a true designer/developer?
- 1:02:00 What value do HTML/CSS developers bring?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.