We're back for another RAPIDFire episode answering your questions on age limits in web design, correcting clients with bad copy, SCSS mixins, Yarn vs NPM, web vs native, and deep learning of core topics.
Netlify is a next-level web host. Netlify will connect to your repo so that Git is your deployment system and staging environment creator. Netlify will run your build process and process your forms. Your site will be HTTPS and on a CDN. And it's free until you're doing something big with it.
DigitalOcean is the easiest cloud platform to deploy, manage, and scale applications of any size, removing infrastructure friction and providing predictability so developers and their teams can spend more time building software that customers love. Hundreds of in-depth tutorials and an active community provide the support you need. Try DigitalOcean for free and get a $100 infrastructure credit at DigitalOcean.com/shoptalk.
Interested in sponsoring?
- 1:25 Is there an age limit for this profession?
- 11:10 How do you correct copy for clients who don't want to pay for it?
- 18:35 I recently made an SCSS-mixin called RFS which automatically calculates the font-size based on the browser's screen width - what is your opinion about this?
- 26:30 What's up with mix/max in CSS?
- 29:00 Sponsored by Netlify
- 30:45 When and why would you use Yarn over NPM? Is it ok to use both?
- 39:40 Sponsored by Digital Ocean
- 40:30 If you were to start your career over today, would you bet on web-based technologies or native-based technologies like Android and iOS?
- 49:05 Do you guys think it's important to get a solid/deep understanding of core HTML/CSS/Vanilla JS before branching out into more advanced topics like CSS Grid, JS frameworks, etc.?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.