Dave and Chris are joined by Michael Arestad to talk about WordPress, Jetpack, and answer your WordPress related questions about building apps with WordPress, back-end devs doing front-end dev jobs, and adding filtered searches to custom queries.
Time Jump Links
- 1:30 Guest introduction
- 8:50 Display run in bug
- 11:35 How does an issue get triaged through a large company like Automattic?
- 18:30 Sponsored by FITC Web Unleashed
- 19:50 The business of WordPress is clearer now in 2018.
- 24:30 What's the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- 29:00 What can you do with WordPress.com now?
- 31:50 Dave troubleshoots his parody blog.
- 33:00 What is something people don't know about WordPress or Jetpack?
- 40:00 I work for an agency that receives a lot of requests for WordPress sites. However, the problem is that these requests go beyond the scope of WordPress in my opinion. What should I do?
- 47:35 Why do people think that back-end developers can do the job of a front-end developer?
- 50:40 What's the best way to add filtered searches to custom queries in WordPress?
You’ll be working alongside developers and designers on a broad range of digital projects, as well as liaising with clients on technical consultations.