017: RAPIDFIRE #4
It's RAPIDFIRE time! No guests, no hot drama, and sadly this week no sponsors. We just dig into as many questions as we can. We talk about (roughly in order):
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- Should clients have to pay for security updates?
- When to use a PHP framework like Yii, CodeIgniter or CakePHP
- How, Why, and When to use modern support tools like Modernizr
- Why is there no "wrapper" pseudo elements?
- Couldn't we achieve what CSS preprocessors can do with PHP?
- Dealing with health and a sedentary lifestyle
- Interactive elements in jQuery UI vs native HTML5
- Finding clever domain names (Try Domainr or Thsrs)
- Disappear an image on scroll down
- Pricing yourself and the awkwardness of asking for money
- Making a triangle with shadow in just HTML/CSS (Dabblet)