Tim Brown is our guest to talk about his new book coming soon called Flexible Typesetting from A Book Apart.
To design a better web experience, attend a better-designed web conference. An Event Apart is three days of design, code, and content taught by absolute masters—the people who shape our medium. Join us in Boston, Washington DC, Chicago, Orlando, or San Francisco … and set yourself Apart.
Stop guessing why bugs happen. LogRocket lets you replay what users do on your site, helping you reproduce bugs and fix issues faster.
What else can you do with LogRocket?
- Session replay - see a pixel-perfect replay of what the user saw.
- Redux - inspect actions and state at any point in time
- Network activity - view every network request and response
Interested in sponsoring?
- 2:00 Guest introduction
- 5:20 Typography hasn't ever been forced to change like it has now.
- 8:40 There's no font-size: make it look right.
- 12:45 What do we have in our toolbox to help with typography on the web?
- 14:50 Troubleshooting Dave's blog.
- 18:20 The relationship among elements has to change.
- 20:00 The idea of CSS locks.
- 27:30 Sponsored by An Event Apart
- 29:15 Heading ramp.
- 34:00 Variable fonts make life easier and more complicated.
- 40:50 Sponsored by LogRocket
- 42:25 What are tools we can already use?
- 52:20 What's the easiest bad mistake to make with typography.
- 59:00 Fallbacks to web fonts.
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.