314: Flexible Type Setting with Tim Brown
Tim Brown is our guest to talk about his new book coming soon called Flexible Typesetting from A Book Apart.
Time Jump Links
- 2:00 Guest introduction
- 5:20 Typography hasn't ever been forced to change like it has now.
- 8:40 There's no font-size: make it look right.
- 12:45 What do we have in our toolbox to help with typography on the web?
- 14:50 Troubleshooting Dave's blog.
- 18:20 The relationship among elements has to change.
- 20:00 The idea of CSS locks.
- 27:30 Sponsored by An Event Apart
- 29:15 Heading ramp.
- 34:00 Variable fonts make life easier and more complicated.
- 40:50 Sponsored by LogRocket
- 42:25 What are tools we can already use?
- 52:20 What's the easiest bad mistake to make with typography.
- 59:00 Fallbacks to web fonts.