This week we were joined by Daryl Koopersmith, a San Francisco based web developer. Daryl was a lead developer on WordPress, and co-headed up the recent 3.5 release, specifically working on the new (awesome) media manager. We talk about (roughly in order):
Time Jump Links
- Daryl has left Automattic and is looking for something fresh
- Pseudo elements now animate in WebKit
- What can go wrong when moving a WordPress installation from one laptop to another?
- How can I make the homepage of a WordPress site as editable as possible for a client?
- How can I start learning WordPress development?
- Can you use Sass in a WordPress workflow? What is the future of WordPress and CSS preprocessors?
- If you want to start selling WordPress themes, what is the best thing to learn?
- WordPress and eCommerce... where to start?
- How do you start contributing to WordPress?