This week we were joined by Lyza Danger Gardner.
Time Jump Links
- 12:33 Web Standards Killed The HTML Star, and Is Web Design Dead?
- 21:40 Grunt is dead? What about Gulp?
- 27:04 I'm curious to know how we as a community are handling touch events on mobile devices at the moment? Specifically referring to dropdown/fly-out menus. Is there a popular jQuery/JS library you'd recommend?
- 35:15 Every now and then, my job requires me to code an html email template. I usually have to look online to see what email clients can and can't handle, but lately I've been getting a lot of contradictory answers. Is there a CanIUse.com for emails?
- 40:05 Is it possible to (and how can one) avoid code redundancy / DRY violations when supporting non-media query browsers like IE8 and below during responsive design implementation?
- 50:37 Can you explain a bit about what Compass is, how to use it, and what makes it so great?
- 58:34 What are the benefits of having a responsive design vs a separate mobile site?