563: Getting Pulled by the Algorithm, AI Training Data, and SVG Drawing
There's a special guest on the show who takes aim at the billionaires in web dev, do we know better than the algorithm for news, why is AI training data such a secret, Chris and Dave discover JetBrains, monorepo struggles, and SVG drawing tools.
Time Jump Links
- Local Timeline | Elk
- See the websites that make AI bots like ChatGPT sound so smart - Washington Post
- "the secret list of websites" - Chris Coyier
- ChatGPT Is a Blurry JPEG of the Web | The New Yorker
- PhpStorm: PHP IDE and Code Editor from JetBrains
- Installing · tmux/tmux Wiki · GitHub
- Boxy SVG Editor
- GitHub - steveruizok/perfect-freehand: Draw perfect pressure-sensitive freehand lines.
- Mermaid | Diagramming and charting tool
Episode Sponsors 🧡
Frontend Masters (29:42)
The Learning Paths on Frontend Masters will take you from start to finish on actually learning something of your choice, whether it's upping a your skill level in a particular genre or a specific technology