We're back talking books and we're joined by 4 other technical book authors to discuss why we wrote a book, figuring out where to start, whether writing takes you out of the game, and should you write for fun or profit?
Time Jump Links
- 7:30 Why did Brad Frost write a book?
- 10:40 Why did Richard Feldman write a book on Elm?
- 13:00 Simon King: why a book about industrial design?
- 15:40 What was Val's path to writing a book about web animation?
- 18:40 Should you be an expert first and then write a book or become an expert by writing a book?
- 31:50 Was it the process of writing the book worth it?
- 43:40 Does writing a book take you out of the game?
- 54:40 What's the difference between a book and a blog post?