047: with Tim Smith
This week we were joined by Tim Smith, a designer doing both freelance work and in-house design work as well as soon-to-be magazine publisher. This is a crossover episode, as both Dave and Chris have been on Tim's excellent podcast The East Wing. We talk about (roughly in order):
Time Jump Links
- Brian Franco's book An Illustrated Guide to Front-End Development
- Sam Stephenson: You Are Not Your Code (relevant to last show's talk about Prototype)
- Responsive URL's (a joke, folks)
- Andy Clarke and Jen Simmons on The Web Ahead talking weblebrities at conferences.
- Should browsers natively support CSS preprocessor syntax?
- Websites are getting fat. What can we do?
- Is there tech we can use to help with HIPAA compliance?
- Should there / can there be print buttons on mobile websites?
- How does Tim keep on keeping on?
- Make Awesome (being renamed?!)