342: Performance Improvements with Ben Schwarz
We're talking performance improvements and we've got Ben Schwarz, creator of Calibre - the web performance monitoring app for teams, on to give some quick tips to improve performance as well as where performance is headed in 2019.
Time Jump Links
- 00:54 What's Ben been up to since last time?
- 04:30 Supporting projects financially
- 07:28 What is Calibre?
- 11:57 Sweating the details can help your bottom line
- 20:01 Critical Request takeaways
- 22:42 Sponsor: Gumroad
- 24:33 Quick performance tip
- 27:39 Not all performance tips are helping
- 29:02 Q: Loading scripts at the bottom, do you need async tag?
- 30:05 Sponsor: WooCommerce
- 31:42 Is total page weight an issue?
- 34:12 What's Ben Schwarz favorite perf metric?
- 39:09 Why are websites so bad?
- 51:49 Doing little experiments to try and make things a bit better
- 54:31 What's happening in performance in 2019?
- 59:02 How to follow Ben Schwarz online