This week we were joined by Ben Schwarz, a full stack web hacker, tool maker, and tip sharer from Melbourne, Australia. We talked about (roughly in order):
Super nice looking websites (new templates!) for people you create right from the web. Plus very advanced developer tools. Head over to Squarespace.com and use coupon code "shoptalk4".
Interested in sponsoring?
- 4:00 Ben's latest project Gallery CSS
- 11:30 Global Accessibility Awareness Day
- 16:30 When does Ben use Grunt JS and when does he use CodeKit?
- 24:25 What are some of the worst case scenarios when using UA sniffing? Is all UA sniffing bad, or are there upsides? Chris lays down the law.
- 34:00 Responsive images via SVG by Estelle Weyl
- 42:10 What's new in Melbourn, Australia?
- 43:35 "I'm pretty good with CSS, when should I start learning SCSS? Do you have any suggestions for a Windows setup?" Scout, Live Reload, Compass.app for Windows.
- 50:30 What workflow should I use for Git since I'm not building web apps? (example, building a WordPress site)
- 58:40 What is the big deal about designing with a grid? Why should I use one?
Check out all jobs over on the Job Board. If you'd like to post a job, you can do that here, and have it mentioned on ShopTalk for a small additional charge.