271: Headless Material Sass Queries
We're answering your questions about container queries, which direction pagination buttons should point, what is a headless CMS, CSS architecture, Google and material design taking over, and more!
Chris Coyier and Dave Rupert
This episode is with just Chris & Dave, ShopTalk Show's hosts. Chris is the co-founder of CodePen and creator of CSS-Tricks, and Dave is lead developer at Paravel.
Time Jump Links
- 2:30 I am still trying to wrap me head around what defines a headless CMS. Can a headless CMS still have a view for entering data and be considered headless?
- 7:30 I recently started learning Sass and I was wondering where the best place to put media queries is?
- 12:07 When using pagination, where should the next and previous buttons point? Is the previous event (i.e. the older event) to the left or to the right?
- 20:00 What are your thoughts in general of a large company moving into a domain that was previously filled by a bunch of smaller projects? i.e. Google building Material Components for the web.
- 35:58 I like the idea of making CSS more reusable. My designer likes variety. How am I meant to turn such designs into modular CSS?
- 47:00 What's the status on container/element queries? Combined with grid layout, this would be a pretty big game changer.
- ShopTalk Show 204 - Headless CMS
- Vanilla JS
- Google Material Components for the Web
- Using Mixins in Vue.js
- Jonathan Snook SMACSS / Buy the book
- CSS Houdini
- Houdini: Maybe The Most Exciting Development In CSS You’ve Never Heard Of
- Zack Leatherman "The fact that we’ll probably get stable, cross browser WebVR before..."